The lodges at Swandown are truly spectacular - unbelievably stylish, individually designed and with amazing views over the glorious Somerset countryside and the historic Cricket St Thomas estate. Swandown Lodges sit between two bustling market towns - Crewkerne and Chard - where you'll find plenty of shopping opportunities.
The facilities include a heated indoor swimming pool, a leisure complex, spa, sauna and steam room. Bike hire is available and there are plenty of nature trails to explore; you could go fishing and try your hand at clay pigeon shooting too. The children will be kept amused with the outdoor adventure playground, a selection of board games and a Wii - and there is a great family pub within walking distance.
Poldon Lodge is brand new for 2012, a luxurious and contemporary two storey lodge that sleeps six people. It's actually designed upside down - the bedrooms and bathroom are downstairs and the living area is on the first floor! Large patio doors lead out on to your own private balcony with an outdoor hot tub and spectacular views. On chilly evenings, you could light the log burner and enjoy a Blu-ray film on the flat screen TV.
Swandown Lodges sit right on the Somerset/Dorset border, not far from both Lyme Regis and Yeovil. The Jurassic Coast is a World Heritage Site and there are some amazing beaches to discover - Brean Beach at Burnham-on-Sea, part of a seven mile stretch of sands, is in the Good Beach Guide and ideal for walking and sports. There are plenty of towns and villages to explore such as Honiton, a busy market town and Beer, a picturesque little smugglers' village.
- Indoor heated pool
- Leisure complex with spa, sauna, steam room, indoor pool and gymWi-Fi access
- Nintendo Wii and games *
- Selection of board games
- Bike hire *
- Fishing *
- Nature walks
- Outdoor adventure trail. Offsite under separate management (Adults only)
- All facilities available for all dates.
- * Charges Apply.
- An outstanding collection of stunningly designed luxury lodges, set in lush rolling countryside. Perfect for luxurious family holidays and romantic short breaks at any time of the year.
- Outdoor hot tub (in Kittwhistle, Poldon, Goldenhaye and Quantock lodges only)
- Flat screen TV with Freeview/Blu-ray
- Additional TV in master bedroom
- DAB radioi
- iPod docking station
- Kitchen including microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and washer/dryer
- Bath and shower
- Luxurious bathrobes and slippers in the master bathroom
- Quality bed linen, duvets and towels
- Beds made up for your arrival
- Large patio with barbecue
- Double glazed and centrally heated
- Log burning stove
- Gas and electricity included
- Cots and travel cots £10 each per week or short break
- Highchairs and stairgates free of charge
- Pets £50pw (max 2)
- (in specific Blackdown and Goldenhaye lodges only)
- All non smoking accommodation
Details and Offers
Pamper pack for couples – Champagne, fresh flowers and chocolates – £95 per pack
(must be ordered and paid for prior to arrival)
Accommodation at Swandown Lodges
Goldenhaye LodgeUltra luxurious and spectacular two storey lodge. Ground floor: One king size double with ensuite shower. Modern kitchen and dining area leading to fabulous living space with vaulted ceiling and stunning floor to ceiling cathedral windows overlooking glorious countryside views. Doors leading out to patio with outdoor hot tub. Separate WC. First floor: One king size double with dressing room and ensuite bath. One twin with ensuite shower.
Kittwhistle LodgeStunningly designed contemporary lodge. One king size double and one twin, one with ensuite shower and French doors to patio, one with ensuite bath. Additional WC. Spacious open plan living area with an impressive vaulted ceiling. Modern kitchen and dining space and floor to ceiling windows leading out to patio with outdoor hot tub and spectacular views. No pets.
Poldon LodgeLuxurious split level lodge designed to make the most of the elevated position. Entrance to first floor: Spacious and contemporary open plan living area, kitchen and separate WC. Large patio doors to covered balcony with spectacular views. Lower level: Two king size doubles, one with ensuite shower and one with doors leading out to patio with outdoor hot tub, and one twin. Bathroom. No pets.
Quantock LodgeUltra luxurious and spectacular two storey detached lodge. Ground floor: One king size double with ensuite shower. Snug room with Smart TV, sofa bed with additional sleeping for two and ensuite shower. Large living area with modern kitchen/dining area. Stunning floor to ceiling cathedral windows boasting glorious countryside views. Doors leading to large patio with garden furniture and outdoor hot tub. First floor: One master king size double with ensuite shower. One king size double with ensuite bath. No pets.
Swandown Lodges Reviews
Leave a Review